ATLANTA -- It's the second-to-last season at Turner Field for the Atlanta Braves. They'll kick it off with a 7:35 p.m. Friday home opener against the New York Mets.
Turner Field ticket windows and kiosks will open at 9:30 am so fans can pick up reserved tickets or purchase any remaining tickets. Tickets are still available, but include single seats only in some areas. Check here for available tickets.
Parking lots will open at 2:00 pm. All Braves parking lots will be permit only. YOU MUST pre-purchase your parking pass. If you do not have a pass, you will not be allowed to park in any Braves parking lots.
Buy Pass |Buy your online parking pass HERE while they last
Parking Map |Find the best parking options
The MARTA Braves shuttle will start running 90 minutes before the first pitch. The shuttle runs from the Underground Atlanta/ Five Points MARTA station.
Special pregame ceremony
The Braves organization is asking everyone to be in their seats at 6:45, almost an hour early, to a special pregame ceremony. It's a tribute to the last 50 years in Atlanta. Special guests include Bill Bartholomay, Hank Aaron, Phil Niekro, Dale Murphy, Bobby Cox, Fred McGriff, Sid Bream and Chipper Jones.
There's another reason to arrive early: free stuff!
- The first 45,000 fans will receive a Georgia Power magnetic schedule.
- Ed Roland, a Georgia native and former lead singer of Collective Soul, will perform before the game with his new band, Ed Roland and the Sweet Tea Project. They'll also sing the National Anthem
- Friday Night Fireworks with an AC/DC music theme will be presented after the game
- If you download the MLB app, you can take advantage of additional freebies: The first 800 fans to check in will unlock a free red foam tomahawk, one fan will win a chance to bring three friends to watch the fireworks from the field, and the 200th fan to check in will win four tickets and a parking pass to a future game.
PHOTOS | Braves vs. Miami Marlins
With the new Suntrust Park in the works, don't expect any new expensive features at Turner Field. Most of the new efforts are focused on technology:
- Upgraded WiFi increased user capacity to 10 times what it was last year. Fans will notice speeds are 30 times faster
- In addition to the five universal charging stations the Braves introduced last year, this year guest services will also offer portable charges you can check out.
Keep an eye out for new food options:
- Finally! A healthy option! Fielder's Choice will serve salads, grilled sandwiches, and other grab-and-go items. You can find them in Section 102.
- You can pick up Atlanta's favorite frozen pastime, King of Pops, in three locations: 105, 233, and 402.
- H&F made big culinary news when they joined the Turner Field food lineup. Now, they have an official beer to go along with it. Red Hare National Common can be purchased at all three H&F locations (104, 150, 151).
- Can't decide between a funnel cake, a sundae, and a souvenir Braves helmet? Get all three at Sweet lovers in Section 129.
- New Amsterdam Bar will be serving up cocktails at their liquor-only bar in section 222.