Roast Chicken with Artichokes
Yield: 4 portions
Chicken Breast with Skin 4 each
Kosher salt 1 tsp
Fresh Thyme 1 tsp
Fresh ground black pepper pinch
Unsalted butter, room temperature 3 TBL
Pure olive oil ¼ cup
Shallots, minced 2 TBL
White wine ½ cup
Chicken Stock ¾ cup
Unsalted butter, room temperature 4 TBL
Arichoke bottoms, quartered 24 pieces
Parsley, chopped 1 tsp
1. Heat olive oil and first amount of butter in skillet, large enough for four chicken breasts to fit comfortably.
2. Season Chicken breasts with salt and pepper on the skin side. Sprinkle fresh thyme on top.
3. When oil and butter mix is hot, add chicken breasts, skin side down. Let cook for 3-5 minutes until very brown.
4. Turn breasts over in pan, add shallots and white wine. Reduce wine until almost gone.
5. Add Chicken stock and butter. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is firm to the touch.
6. Remove from oven, add artichoke quarters. Remove chicken to plates and let sauce reduce to a creamy consistency,
while warming the artichokes. If the sauce becomes too thick or looks broken, add a little more stock, or even a touch of water to bring back.
7. Spoon artichokes and Sauce over Chicken Breasts.
Babette's Fresh Artichokes
water 3 qt
lemon juice 2 TBL
garlic, whole, crushed 3 ea
white wine 1/3 cup
black peppercorns 1 tsp
bayleaves 1 each
kosher salt 2 tsp
artichokes, whole fresh 3 each
1. Combine all ingredients except chokes in a large sauce pan.
2. Trim chokes. Add to pot.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook 5- 10 minutes until just tender to a knife.