Summer Tomato Tart
Serves 8 - 10
- Tart crust, recipe below (or store-bought dough for one, one-crust 9" pie/tart)
- 1 ½ T Dijon mustard
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ c heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ t freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 small tomatoes, thinly sliced, preferably heirloom
- ¼ c fresh herbs, chopped (basil and dill are great choices)
Preheat oven to 400. Roll out pie crust and fit into 9" tart pan. Lightly brush mustard on bottom and sides of the dough.
In Vitamix or blender, combine cream cheese, cream, eggs, cheese and pepper. Blend until well combined and fluffy, about 60 seconds. Pour mixture into prepared tart pan.
Layer tomatoes on top of cream cheese mixture, pressing slightly into mixture. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Place tart pan on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake 30-40 minutes until tart is puffed and golden brown.
Makes enough for one, one-crust 9" pie or tart
- 1 ¼ c all purpose flour
- ½ t sugar
- ½ t Kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ~1/4 c ice cold water
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and butter in bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
With food processor running, slowly stream in water until majority of mixture sticks together in a ball, being careful to not overprocess dough.
Shape dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill dough thoroughly, preferable overnight.