SHARECOMMENTMORE

EAST POINT, Ga. -- The East Point Fire Department rescued two children from a house fire that happened on Monday just before 10:00 p.m.

According to an East Point official, fire crews responded to a single-family residence fire on Valley View Drive to find the kitchen consumed with heavy smoke and flames.

When crews entered the home, they found two children in the bedrooms, a 12-year-old girl and 3-year-old boy. The girl was unresponsive and not breathing, but crews took her outside and brought her breathing back with CPR. The boy was also unresponsive when found, but with shallow breathing.

Both children were taken to Grady's Burn Unit for further care.

It was determined that the fire was caused by the stove being left unattended.