LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VALDOSTA, Ga. -- Moody Air Force Base is no longer on lockdown after earlier reports of what was called an "active shooter" at the military base.

According to Sgt. Sutter in the Base's public affairs office, the base had been locked down at 1:25 Wednesday afternoon after a reported threat.

Sutter said the base was searched and the threat was found not to exist. He said officials at the base took the threat seriously and took steps to ensure everyone's safety until they were able to determine there was no threat.

The lockdown was lifted at 2:55 p.m.

Read or Share this story: http://on.11alive.com/NIfLcX