SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Officials with the Ronald McDonald House Charities say a home in Savannah will close Friday after mold was discovered in several areas.

Theorganization is taking precautionary measures to prevent more mold from growing inside the house and officials expect removing and preventing new mold from growing will take about six weeks. Executive Director Nikole Layton says temporarily closing the house is in the best interest of the guest families, volunteers and staff.

Officials say an anonymous donor has stepped forward with a donation to help families that were living in the Ronald McDonald House find temporary hotel accommodations.

Read or Share this story: