COLLEGE PARK, Ga. -- Felony charges against a shuttle bus driver inexplicably disappeared in the court system this week, according to College Park police. But a Fulton County grand jury will consider reinstating them, said Sgt. Keith Stanley.

An attorney for Yolanda Boles said his client turned herself in to authorities Wednesday night. When she did so, two felony warrants had been "withdrawn," said attorney Joe Habachy. Boles still faces three traffic citations in the May 24 shuttle bus accident that injured 17 people.

Boles was driving a shuttle bus for MTI Limo and Shuttle Services which collided with a tractor-trailer making a U-turn on North Loop Road near Hartsfield-Jackson Airport on May 24.

Police said Mario Cochran, the driver of the truck Boles ran into May 24, is charged with making an improper U-turn.

Sgt. Stanley said he expects a grand jury to consider reinstating the charges of serious injury by motor vehicle, and reckless driving, next week.

At a press conference Thursday MTI's attorney said the company's safety record was stellar with only this one major accident in more than a dozen years.


The owner of the limo and shuttle bus service involved in last month's wreck is now also facing charges.

An arrest warrant was issued for Mike Toye,the owner of MTI Limo and Shuttle. Police say Toye is charged with allowing an unlicensed driver to operate the shuttle bus and not maintaining a safe vehicle.

Investigators say the shuttle bus' rear brakes were not working, the front tires were worn and it was low on brake fluid.

Toye, the driver of the shuttle bus and the truck driver are expected to turn themselves into the Fulton County jail.

MORE |Both drivers in airport shuttle bus wreck face charges

College Park Police Sgt. Keith Stanley says MTI Limo and Shuttle Services driver Yolanda Boles is charged with three counts of serious injury by motor vehicle, vehicle maintenance offenses and driving a commercial vehicle without a proper license.

Stanley says Mario Cochran, the driver of the truck Boles ran into May 24, is charged with serious injury by motor vehicle and making an improper U-turn.

The crash left 17 people injured.

MTI says the shuttle bus passed the company's internal inspection just 72 hours before the crash.

Federal investigators are now reviewing all of MTI's busses and records.

Read or Share this story: