LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

DECATUR, GA. -- Eight people were hospitalized after a grease fire broke out at a Decatur apartment.

The fire happened at The Arbors at North Decatur on the 3800 block of North Decatur Road.

About 14 residents were displaced as a result of this fire, 7 children and 7 adults. Five adults and three children were transported to local medical centers for smoke inhalation.

According to DeKalb County Fire, one of the children had to be thrown out of the window to a firefighter. Authorities say the child's mother was unable to make it out of the apartment door due to the amount of smoke.

No further information was immediately released. No word of the condition of the victims.

Read or Share this story: http://on.11alive.com/NxKiKA