NASHVILLE(AP) -- Brandon Vandenburg and JaBorian McKenzie, two of the four former Vanderbilt football players who were charged with rape Friday, are now in custody at Metro Jail.

Vandenburg, 20, of Indio, Calif., was taken into custody at Nashville International Airport after flying back to the city and booked at 2:05 a.m. Saturday. He was taken to General Hospital for a mandatory HIV test required by Tennessee law before being transported to jail. Vandenburg's bond is set at $350,000.

McKenzie, 19, of Woodville, Miss., surrendered at police headquarters at 8:30 a.m. He was also taken to General Hospital for the mandatory HIV test and is now being booked. McKenzie's bond is set at $50,000.

Brandon Banks, 19, of Brandywine, Md., remains at large.

Vandenburg and McKenzie are two of the four former Vanderbilt University football players who were charged Friday in the rape of an unconscious student in a Gillette Hall dormitory room in a case police described as "unsettling."

Vandenburg, Banks, McKenzie, and Cory Batey, 19, of Nashville, were charged with five counts each of aggravated rape and two counts of aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also charged with one count of unlawful photography and tampering with evidence.

Police said the case came to light only after university officials saw something suspicious while reviewing surveillance camera footage in an unrelated matter.

A witness list accompanying Friday's indictments indicates police plan to subpoena the team's starting quarterback, Austyn Carta-Samuels, along with four other athletes, Mack Prioleau, De'Andre Woods, Jake Bernstein and Dillon van der Wal, as witnesses in the case.

Police picked up Batey Friday morning, forced him to undergo a state-mandated blood test for HIV at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry and then booked him into jail on a $350,000 bond.

Police said Friday the others knew they were wanted.

"We have been in contact with law enforcement authorities out of state and made them aware of the persons being wanted," said Don Aaron, spokesman for Metro Police. "If they decide to surrender, that's on them. In the interim, if law enforcement runs into them... they'll be taken into custody."

Read or Share this story: