DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. -- A Chapel Hill High School student is recovering from burns she received during an Advanced Placement open house presentation Thursday night.

The student suffered burns on 25-percent of her upper body. She is expected to make a full recovery.

A surveillance camera caught the accident. The footage shows a flammable liquid used during the demonstration igniting.

Investigators say one teacher pushed the 12th grade student to the ground then another teacher grabbed a fire blanket to extinguish the flames.

Read or Share this story: