SHARECOMMENTMORE

TUCKER, Ga. -- The holidays make us all appreciate family, friends and a warm roof over our heads, but we must also remember the folks who experienced tragedy, illness or perhaps the loss of their home during the holidays.

One metro Atlanta family's house was destroyed by fire. And the Bogle family recently learned they could be homeless before the start of the new year.

"It's still so surreal," said Tiffany Bogle.

She took 11Alive inside what's left of the place she once called home in Tucker.

"It's like a tornado hit this house," she said.

It would be a twister of flames, however, that would leave most of the place in ashes and charred rubble.

The home we don't own, but the belongings in it -- is the only thing we have," Bogle said. "It was an electrical fire."

The fire started in her daughter's bedroom.

"My daughter's mattress caught on fire when she reset the breaker -- a spark jumped from the outlet and hit her mattress," Bogle said.

The 20-year-old college student did what anyone would do in an effort to save the house.

"She attempted to pull the mattress outside, and she did, but the fire caught on to the porch and it rolled back into to the home," Bogle said.

The fire displaced the family for weeks, forcing them to spend Thanksgiving and now Christmas inside a motel room.

"It's hard. It's really hard," Bogle said.

To make matters worse, the family must be out of the motel by the end of the year.

"Our last day here at the hotel is the 31st. And I was told by my adjustor -- she will not extend after this last extension," Bogle said.

They have renters insurance, but the money is not enough to secure a new place to stay. And with no relatives living in Georgia, time is simply running out.

"I just know that I need to get my family a home so we can get back to some type of normalcy," Bogle said.

Anyone who would like to help the Bogle family can mail donations to:

Bogle Family House Fire Recovery Fund
2894 Old Norcross Road
Tucker, GA 30084

SHARECOMMENTMORE