LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -- A south Fulton County house suffered smoke damage after a fire broke out in its garage Thursday morning.

Fulton County fire officials first responded to the house on Renaissance Circle at around 1:30 a.m.

Two women were home at the time. Both escaped the blaze unharmed. A dog belonging to one of the women was also recovered.

A preliminary investigation determined the fire started in the garage and spread to the room above it. The fire was contained mostly to those two rooms, but smoke caused extensive damage throughout the house.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Read or Share this story: http://on.11alive.com/1fKOPzd