A survey from FatWallet reveals one in ten Americans plan to buy a new TV during the Super Bowl sales. It makes it the busiest time of year for TV purchases.
According to the National Retail Federation, 7.5 million Americans purchased a TV leading up to the 2013 Super Bowl. That was up from 5.1 million in 2012.
The FatWallet Survey shows of the 30% of Americans plan to buy a new TV in 2014. Of those:
- 32% will buy it during Super Bowl sales
- 46% of Boomers (age 50+) will buy TVs during the sales period
- 45% said price was the most important factor
- 55% said they will spend less than $500
- Samsung (33%) is the most popular brand
- 86% want 1080 HD
- 31% want a 55 inch or larger set
Post by 11Alive.