WINDER, Ga. -- The Cormier twins are now charged with murder following the discovery of a body encased in concrete in the backyard of their father's houseaccordingto Winder Police.

Police from Pensacola, Fla., said Tuesday they were working with Winder Police to determine if the body of a man discovered encased in concrete was that of a former reporter for the Pensacola News Journal.

Winder Police discovered the body encased in a concrete slab in thebackyardof a Winder home Monday afternoon.The body was found at a home in the 200 block of 6th Avenue after receiving a tip from Pensacola Police.

MUG SHOT GALLERY |Gotta see 'em to believe 'em

An autopsy performed on the body revealed that the person died from "blunt force trauma to the back of the head." The Georgia Bureau of Investigation Medical Examiner declared the man's death a homicide and estimated that the victim died approximately one month before his body was found.

Authorities in Pensacola said Sean Dugas, 30, had not been heard from since Aug. 27, when he spoke with a friend by telephone.

Pensacola Police said their investigation led them to contact Winder Police on Monday.

Investigators said Pensacola twins William and Christopher Cormier, 31, have been charged with concealing a death, which is a felony. The two men recently moved to the house in Winder with their father.

William Cormier is being held in the Jackson County Jail, while Christopher Cormier is in the Barrow County Jail. Police said additional charges may be forthcoming.

Pensacola police today explained the circumstances of Dugas' disappearance and their involvement in the case.

Alexander said Dugas' friend reported him missing Sept. 13, after repeatedly failing to find him after their missed lunch date.

When she went to Dugas' house to get him on Aug. 27, a man who lived there told the woman Dugas was scheduled to return at 3 p.m.

The woman left a note asking him to contact her, but he didn't. She continued trying unsuccessfully to contact Dugas over the next few days. When she returned to the house Sept. 7 to check on him, the house was empty except for a television.

The woman asked neighbors if they knew what had happened to him, Alexander said. Neighbors told her a U-haul truck was there on Sept. 3 and they saw at least one man removing items from the house. Neighbors asked the man about Dugas, and the man said Dugas had been beaten and was going to live with him.

Meanwhile, the female friend continued trying to reach Dugas, and when she couldn't, she contacted police on Sept. 13. Alexander said Dugas' name was then entered into the National Crime Information Center's computer database as a missing/endangered person.

Read or Share this story: