Shuttle bus catches fire at Hartsfield-Jackson

ATLANTA -- A shuttle bus caught fire at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport on Friday.

At around 1:30 p.m., the bus caught fire and a picture shows the cloud of smoke taken by a traveler, just a few moments after it happened.

A representative for the airport said they are looking into an actual cause for the fire, but that it may have been caused by an overheated engine.

The fire was extinguished and the scene was cleared within 45 minutes. Officials said there was a minimal impact to operations and minor traffic delays. 

There were no injuries.

(© 2016 WXIA)


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment