CHAMBLEE, Ga. – From schools to hospitals and now animal shelters, hundreds have been affected by the massive water main break that occurred early Wednesday morning on Buford Highway.
DeKalb County Animal Services turned to social media to ask the public to donate gallons of water for the hundreds of animals in their care.
Commenters and supporters said they put in Amazon orders and would definitely be stopping by to help aid the animals.
The shelter said you can drop water off at their location at 3280 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Chamblee, Ga 30341.
Early Wednesday morning, blockades were put up on Buford Highway just north of Interstate 285 between Longmire Way and McElroy Road for the water main break. The break occurred in a 48-inch transmission main located at 5718 Buford NE Highway. County workers were able to isolate the break and are working to assess the damage to the water system and restore pressure.
RELATED STORIES |
- Buford Hwy water main break closes schools, shuts down roadway
- Two school districts, colleges closed after water main break shuts down highway
- What to do during a boil water advisory
- Water main break shuts down Buford Hwy
- DeKalb loses billions of gallons of water each year, here is why