After a months-long contest to rename the team, the team that used to be called the Gwinnett Braves will unveil their new logos and uniform on Friday.
The event will take place in the Home Plate Club at Coolray Field in Lawrenceville.
The final choices are:
- Gwinnett Buttons: The Buttons honor Gwinnett County's namesake, Button Gwinnett, signatory of the Declaration of Independence.
- Gwinnett Big Mouths: Named after the state fish of Georgia, the Big Mouth is a tribute to bass fishing on Lake Lanier.
- Gwinnett Gobblers: The Gobblers celebrates the outdoors, hunting, and eating all the foods we love.
- Gwinnett Hush Puppies: Our stealthy hunting dog is sneaking through the weeds, about to rustle up some ducks. But don't think we're all that serious. You can expect a "corny" fan experience at the 'Puppies' game!
- Gwinnett Lambchops: A chop off the old block, the Lambchops marries the region's love of home cooking with the Tomahawk Chop of the Atlanta Braves.
- Gwinnett Sweet Teas: It's a regional icon "to a tea!" The Sweet Teas celebrates the laid-back lifestyle of Gwinnett County while displaying a real sweet look.
The fans who submitted the six names chosen as finalists will be invited to attend the press conference. One fan who submitted the winning name will receive two season tickets for the 2018 season, while the runners up will receive merchandise with the new name.