As qualifying winds down in Georgia’s governor’s race, one national GOP group launched a radio and digital ad condemning the two Democrats in the race.
On Wednesday, the Republican Governors Association went on the offensive against both Stacey Abrams and Stacey Evans, two former state lawmakers running for their party’s gubernatorial nomination.
The website where the ad is found, www.StaceyWhoever.com, features silhouettes resembling Evans and Abrams.
Here's the script:
- Lady 1 (L1): Hey did you hear about that liberal Democrat running for governor?
- Lady 2 (L2): No, who?
- L1: Stacey… Stacey something.
- L2: Well what about her?
- L1: Well she’s a real liberal.
- L2: Really?
- L1: Yeah. State Representative from up around Atlanta.
- L2: Oh great, another politician.
- L1: Stacey was for Hillary.
- L2: Uh-oh, that says a lot right there.
- L1: Well, she’s a fancy lawyer too from what I’ve heard.
- L2: Who? Stacey?
- L1: Yeah, made a load of money off of it.
- L2: Well not surprising, a lawyer, a politician, sounds about right.
- L1: Stacey is pushing for more big government programs.
- L2: Let me guess, she supported higher taxes too?
- L1: Yep, even wants to expand Obamacare.
- L2: And make us pay for it, how about that?
- L1: Just what we need, another politician taking more of our money.
- L2: You said her name is Stacey right?
- L1: Yep.
- L2: Stacey who?
- L1: Uhh… I can’t remember now, it’ll come to me.
- L2: Oh well, it doesn’t matter, Stacey whoever is wrong for Georgia
As of Thursday, four Republicans, as well as Evans and Abrams, are seeking to become Georgia's next governor, replacing incumbent Nathan Deal who cannot run for a third term.
RECENT POLITICAL HEADLINES
- Six enter governor's race as qualifying enters last day
- 'Track and deport' | Kemp releases first gubernatorial campaign commercial
- Election 2018: Who's qualified, who's yet to come
- Qualifying begins Monday in nationally watched Georgia races
- Two Staceys are running for Georgia's governor
- Ex-Navy SEAL enters Georgia governor's race
- Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle enters race for Georgia governor
- Governor 2018: Williams endorsed by Trump advisor
- Ga. House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams joins governor's race