Bring on the yummy but keep it light!
Sumptuous Living's Mandy Landefeld stopped by 'Atlanta & Company' with fresh recipes and a tasty new cocktail!
Garlic Rosemary Chicken Arugula Salad
- 1 ½ lbs chicken tenders
- ¼ cup rosemary, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ baguette, cubed
- 2 tbl olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbl lemon juice
- 3 tbl red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups Campari tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 5 oz Arugula (6 cups)
- For the marinade add all the ingredients, except chicken into a food processor or blender and pulse until combined.
- Reserve 2 Tbl. for croutons and pour remainder over chicken and set aside.
- Let marinade for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add 1 Tbl olive oil.
- Using tongs add chicken tenders to hot pan being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cubed baguette with 2 tbl reserved marinade, olive oil and cheese.
- Place onto baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining ingredients into a jar or blender.
- Shake or blend until thoroughly combined.
- For the salad blanche the asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Plunge into a salted ice bath with a spider or slotted spoon to stop the cooking process.
- Remove from ice bath. Set aside.
- Place arugula in a large bowl or serving platter.
- Top with tomatoes, chicken, asparagus and croutons.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Shrimp
Marinade & Dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs raw shrimp (51-60 count medium peeled)
- 2 ½ cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cup Kalamata Olives (pitted, sliced in half)
- 1 ½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 cups baby kale
Marinade & Dressing
- In a blender add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour ½ cup over shrimp and toss to combine.
- Set aside to marinate. Reserving remainder for dressing.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Spread out on sheet pan and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and add to skillet.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes turning occasionally until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Remove from skillet and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, shrimp and remaining ingredients.
- Dress to taste with reserved dressing.
Melon Mint Vodka Cocktail Slushies
- 2 cups Honeydew or Cantaloupe Chunks plus a few extra for garnish
- 3 1/2 oz Mint Simple Syrup
- 5 oz Vodka
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup ice
- Mint Sugar for garnish
- Long Toothpick
- Mint Sprigs for garnish
- Place melon, simple syrup, vodka, and ice in a high power blender. Blend until smooth. Wet the edge of glass with a chunk of melon and roll in mint sugar. Garnish with a toothpick of melon chunks and a sprig of mint.
- Mint Simple Syrup:
- Bring 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water to a boil. Add 1/2 cup loose mint leaves or 3-4 stalks of mint. Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Strain simple syrup and store in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.