Every mom needs me-time!
Sumptuous Living's Mandy Landefeld shared some simple but hearty recipes for those moms always on the go!
Straight from Mandy:
MOM-TIME! Take time out for yourself with tasty food that only takes minutes to make!
As moms, we are constantly on the go. How many times has your lunch or dinner been standing up eating the leftovers off your kids plate? We all need fuel to tackle our day and its ok to take 3 minutes to make yourself something tasty! Wonder women EAT real food!
Start with a lunch you will actually want to sit down for and savor but can make as quickly as a PB&J!
Grilled Chicken Avocado Toast with Sugar Snap Pea Salad
1 large slice marble rye toast
1/2 ripe avocado
Kosher Salt & Pepper
Sliced Grilled Chicken (hello leftovers!)
6 thin slices of hot house cucumber
handful of sugar snap peas, sliced thin
1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup spring greens mix
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
Kosher Salt & Pepper
Press the avocado onto the toast with a fork, mashing it as you press. Season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced chicken and cucumber. In a separate bowl, lightly toss together salad ingredients. Top on the avocado toast.
The kids aren't the only ones who deserve a special treat for dessert! Make a bowl of our Fresh Fruit Salad with Amaretto Yogurt for yourself while the kids enjoy a Popsicle!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 14 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup Amaretto, plus 3 tbs. divided
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 cups Strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cantaloupe, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup pear, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup candied walnuts (recipe follows)
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 cup walnut halves, chopped
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 2 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbs. packed light brown sugar
Candied Walnuts - Make the candied walnuts first so they cool (triple the recipe and use for future)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until golden brown and toasted, 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a piece of waxed paper to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, zest, honey, almond extract, and 3 tbs Amaretto.
- Set aside and chill.
- Place all the fruit in a bowl with remaining Amaretto, lemon juice and sugar and toss together. Allow to sit at room temp and macerate for 10 minutes.
- Place a scoop of fruit in a bowl, topped with a dollop of yogurt mixture and a sprinkling of candied nuts.
Take time out for yourself with a magazine out on the porch with a gorgeous cocktail while the kiddos jump on the trampoline! Maybe even grab a couple of your neighbors and catch up on how their spring break went. A quick muddle of fresh blackberries and mint make the most delicious mojito and its just as pretty to look at as it is to drink.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Crushed Blackberries, Fresh Mint and Lime blended with Sultry Rum mix together to make the perfect party cocktail.
- 12 large blackberries
- 12 mint leaves
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces light rum (you can substitute vodka or use Razz Flavored Rum)
- Club soda (2 cups)
- Lime wedge
- Chill two glasses.
- Put the mint and berries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker with the sugar. Use a wooden spoon to muddle (bruise) the mint and crush the berries.
- Add rum, lemon and lime juice. Fill with ice. Shake until well chilled.
- Put mint leaves in the bottom of the chilled glasses. Add ice. Strain the cocktail over the ice.
- Top with club soda for little sparkle.
- Garnish with lime wedge, mint and blackberries.