Hosting a cocktail party this holiday season?
Don't stress! Lifestyle expert Mandy Landefeld, of Sumptuous Living, shares a list below to make it the ultimate success.
You can find more great tips from Mandy on her lifestyle blog: https://sumptuousliving.net/
Straight from Mandy:
- Always keep the drinks flowing! Figure at least 2 drinks per guest the first hour and 1 per hour after that.
- You'll need a fabulous cocktail plus wine, beer, and a few key core bar ingredients and mixers.
- Make a festive drink like this Cherry Amaretto Bellini! Get the recipe here: https://sumptuousliving.net/amaretto-bellini/
- Easy to make ahead of time and perfect to have the recipe on the bar so that guests can help batch the next round!
- Remember any favorite cocktail recipe can be made into a pitcher by simply swapping the ounces for cups.
- Easy but stylish ways to let guests mark their cups is with washi tape in the stem.
- I set the drink zone in a different spot than where nibbles are so that guests will mix and mingle.
- Place little conversation starters in dishes next to the candied nuts for easy laughter and fun.
- All apps should be able to be made in advance or super quickly with affordable but flavorful ingredients like our Green Pea Crostini with Prosciutto. Get the recipe here: https://sumptuousliving.net/green-pea-crostini-7/
- Years ago I learned that having extra hands during your party makes a world of difference! I hire wonderful high school girls to come the hour before the party starts to help with the final details and then keep the platters filled, plates picked up, and dishes taken care of. I was the best $10 per hour I've ever spent and I actually got to remember my own party! (Always make sure an adult is in charge of refilling the bar tho!)
- Candlelight and simple but fabulous decor make a party sparkle! I love a strong two toned color palette to make the table really bold and noticeable!
- Stack cake stands to make a fabulous dessert bar filled with your favorite store bought treats from the bakery and easy cookie recipes like our amazing Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macaroons. Enjoy: https://sumptuousliving.net/coconut-macaroons/