Taste and Savor's Chef Nancy Waldeck shares yummy game day recipes on 'Atlanta & Company.'
Get them below and tag A&C on our Facebook page or tweet/tag @atlandco to be featured!
Salsa Verde Chili
- 2 LBs Tomatillos, husks removed
- 2 Red Onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Poblano Peppers, halved
- 2 Jalapenos, halved and seeded if desired
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 TB Smoked Paprika
- 1 Chipotle Pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 OZ) Cans Black Beans
- 2 (15 OZ) Cans Hominy
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Garnishes including Cheeses, olives, jalapeños, crispy Serrano ham, onions, olives, chopped tomatoes etc.
- Tortillas and tortilla chips
To make the salsa verde, toss the tomatillos, onions, garlic, poblanos, and jalapenos in 2 TB of the olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Place on a sheet tray and slide into the oven, roast for 20 – 30 minutes or until the peppers are browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and puree until chunky in the food processor. Add the beans, hominy, corn to a slow cooker and then the salsa verde. Cook for 4 – 5 hours on low, or 10 hours on high
Spanish Style Cheese Dip or Spread
So easy – just put this cheesy goodness together in a bowl!
- 1 Cup Shredded Manchego Cheese
- 1 TB Olive Oil Mayo
- 1 TB Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 – 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika (Hot or Sweet or combination)
- 2 TB Capers
- 2 TB Toasted Sliced Almonds
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Jar (approx. 6 – 8) Roasted Red Peppers
Add the cheese, mayo, yogurt and paprika to a small bowl and mix well. Stir in the capers and almonds. Season to taste with salt and use as a dip or spread for bread.
Wine for a Latin-Inspired Spread
Cava to toast, Rioja or Albarino to enjoy later
- Cava is Spain’s answer to Champagne. Crisp and refreshing, easy to find and under $20.
- Albarino is a Spanish indigenous grape that will please white wine lovers whether they like and unoaked Chardonnay or a Sauvignon Blanc.
- Rioja is made with the Tempranillo and is a traditional pair with hearty fare like pork, mushrooms or even a savory bean stew like our Salsa Verde Chili.