Sweet summertime is underway and we know just what to sip!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 10 lemons, juiced, about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup super fine sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8-10 strawberries, tops removed
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup gin or vodka (optional)
1. Juice the lemons and transfer the juice into a large pitcher.
2. Add the sugar and the water and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar.
3. Add the strawberries and basil.
4. Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture for about 20 seconds just until the mixture turns pink and the basil is finely chopped.
5. Add alcohol if desired. Serve over crushed ice and enjoy!
The Black and Blue Mojito
- 3 blackberries
- 10 blueberries
- 7 mint leaves
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup (see Tips & Techniques)
- 2 oz. light rum
- Club soda
1. In a tall glass, muddle — that's bar-speak for "crush up" — the berries and mint with the lime juice and simple syrup (use the handle of a wooden spoon).
2. Add the rum and some crushed ice; top with a splash of club soda and stir. Garnish with mint and more berries.
Rosemary, Gin, and Grapefruit Cocktail
Rosemary simple syrup and gin pair beautifully with tart grapefruit juice in this rosemary, gin, and grapefruit cocktail.
Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary
- 2 ounces gin
- 3 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup more if you want it a little sweeter
For the rosemary simple syrup:
1. Combine the simple syrup ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat to a boil, them allow to simmer until the sugar has dissolved, about a minute or two. Remove pan from heat. Allow the mixture to cool completely. Remove and discard the rosemary stems before serving.
For the cocktail:
1. Combine cocktail ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for a few seconds until everything is combined. Strain into ice filled glasses.
2. Garnish with grapefruit wedges and rosemary springs if desired.