ATLANTA — Atlanta holiday shoppers looking for a deal are off and running on Black Friday, packing into malls in the early morning or logging on to shop from home.
11Alive's Neima Abdulahi is surveying the scene at the Mall of Georgia in Buford, which opened bright and early at 6 a.m. to accommodate the rush.
Some of the area's largest shopping centers - Perimeter Mall, Cumberland Mall, Lenox Square, Town Center at Cobb and North Georgia Premium Outlets - all also open at 6 a.m. They'll all be open until 10 p.m.
If you're looking for deals at these malls, here's some of what's on offer:
- Mall of Georgia: 25% off your order at Pottery Barn, 35% off at Pandora, 25% off at Bare Minerals and more
- Lenox Square: Up to 50% off at Seophora, 30% off at Under Armour, free cold brew coffee with an entree at Corner Bakery Cafe and more
- Cumberland Mall: Buy one, get one 50% off at Zumiez, $12 tees at Hot Topic, $10 slippers at Victoria's Secret and more
- Perimeter Mall: Up to 40% off at the Disney Store, Buy one, get one 50% off at Urban Outfitters, 50% off at Gap and more
- North Georgia Premium Outlets: 70% off at Kate Spade, 50-60% off at Old Navy, 70% off at Coach and more
- Town Center at Cobb: 40% off at Lane Bryant, free XBox One with purchase of $1199 or more at Helzberg Diamonds and more
A mall spokesperson said that as of 7 a.m., parking for 50 percent full at both Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb.
Some tips to keep in mind if you're out there shopping:
- Make a list - target exactly what you want, avoid distractions!
- Do your homework and evaluate deals - you can look up just about everything in advance online
- Research products, know store policies - read the fine print, if a deal looks too good to be true, sometimes it is
- Start early - the best deals go fast!
According to retail experts, these are some of the products where you'll get the best deals:
- Books, movies and music
- Clothing and accessories
- Consumer packaged goods
And some of the worst:
- Video games
- Computers and phones
- Consumer electronics
Good luck out there!