Breaking News
More () »

2 dead after possible electrocution while working on house: Police

When officers arrived, they found the men unconscious and not breathing.

ATLANTA — Two men doing work on the outside of a home may have been electrocuted before they died, according to Atlanta Police. 

According to officials, officers went to the 100 block of Crumley Street SE around 8:20 p.m. after getting reports of two people down. When they got there, they found the men unconscious and not breathing. 

Atlanta Fire and Rescue and Grady teams rushed one man to Grady Hospital, while the other went to Atlanta Medical Center for "further medical attention." Both later, died. 

The Fulton County Medical Examiner identified one of the victims as 35-year-old Terrell Cheatham from Covington, but did not release an official cause of death.

Officers reported seeing a ladder against the residence, as if the two men were working on the home at the time. Police say they may have possibly been electrocuted.  

There were no power lines down and Georgia Power was notified and responded to the scene.

No other information was available.