HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office helped one Tampa Bay area veteran celebrate a very special day this week.
Mr. Mack turned 100.
Deputies helped the World War II Army veteran celebrate his milestone birthday, according to a post on the sheriff's office's Facebook page.
"He put his life on the line repeatedly and his actions in battle resulted in him being awarded five combat ribbons with stars," the post reads in part.
The sheriff's office said it was an honor for its deputies to help him celebrate his birthday.
- 3-year-old accidentally shoots little sister, Polk County Sheriff says
- FWC tracking bear spotted roaming through Pasco County
- Gov. DeSantis announces 'Freedom Week' sales tax holiday
- Sisters reunite in Tampa after spending a half-century apart
- New 'Project Opioid' aims to decrease opioid deaths in Tampa Bay by 2025
- Florida still short of Biden's 70-percent vaccination goal
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter