UPSON COUNTY, Ga. — Gov. Brian Kemp and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced indictments for 46 people in a gang bust of the "Rollin 20 Neighborhood Bloods" produced by a yearlong investigation into organized crime in the south Atlanta suburbs.
The governor's office said in a release that 25 people had already been arrested on the indictments, under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act and the Georgia Street Gang and Terrorism Prevention Act. Another 21 remain wanted for arrest.
The governor has prioritized combating gang activity while in office, instituting the GBI Gang Task Force last year to crack down on what he has said are roughly 70,000 gang members in Georgia.
At a press conference in Upson County, the GBI said the indictments included 92 counts of RICO Act violations and 59 counts of Georgia Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act violations.
A number of counts were also filed for physical violence, including four felony murder counts and 24 aggravated assault accounts. A range of other counts were filed for drugs and weapons charges.
According to the GBI, the investigation began in March 2019 after the Upson County District Attorney's Office asked for assistance looking into connected crimes in the areas of Upson, Fayette and Spalding counties.
The "Rollin 20 Neighborhood Bloods," the GBI said, "committed numerous crimes, including but not limited to drug trafficking, assault, theft of money and personal property, conspiring to assault inmates, and recruiting gang members."
"Today's announcement highlights why my administration continues to prioritize fighting criminal street gangs and supporting the GBI Gang Task Force," Gov. Kemp said in a statement. "The task force - working closely with local and federal law enforcement officials - has been the tip of the spear in making our communities safer and bringing criminals to justice. I applaud GBI Director Vic Reynolds and his staff, Upson County District Attorney Broder, Sheriffs Kilgore and Dix, Thomaston Police Chief Richardson, and all of our vital partners in this effort, for their leadership and hard work over the last year.
"My message to gang members looking to prey on innocent Georgians, commit crimes, and destroy lives is simple: we will not stop until every community is safe."
GBI Director Vic Reynolds characterized the bust as "another success story of us assisting a jurisdiction requesting our help in their area. Our GBI agents and task force agents have the expertise to investigate these complex cases and bring them to the point of a successful prosecution."
The cases will be prosecuted by the Upson County District Attorney's Office.
The 25 people arrested were listed as:
- Christopher Tyler Bennett, 24 – booked 10/22/20
- Xavier Lamar Carter, 21 – booked 10/22/20
- Ronald Elwood Chatman, 53 – booked 10/27/20 (Los Angeles County Jail awaiting extradition)
- Tyree Dasean Crosland, 27 – booked 10/22/20
- Derrick Lavar Ferguson, 41 – booked 10/22/20
- Robert Freeman, III, 26 – booked 10/22/20
- Juan Manuel Gomez-Penaloza, 25 – booked 10/22/20
- Travis Alan Goode, 31 – booked 10/21/20
- Shamune Deante’ Harris, 29 – booked 10/21/20
- Charles Bradford Martin, 36 – booked 10/21/20
- Kenneth Darnell Patterson, 31 – booked 10/22/20
- Sterling Leroy Pennix, 31 – booked 10/21/20
- Zacorrius Tykevius Pope, 23 – booked 8/29/19
- Winston Porter, 23 – booked 10/22/20
- Christopher Jacori Rogers, III, 20 – booked 10/22/20
- Bobby Roshaun Rouseau, 23 – booked 7/23/19
- Damarion Q Sinkfield, 17 – booked 10/22/20
- Anthony Wade Smith, Jr., 29 – booked 10/22/20
- Maurice Kentrell Stewart, 30 – booked 10/22/20
- Darron Lamar Stokes, 39 – booked 10/21/20
- Larris Donnie Sutton, 32 – booked 10/21/20
- Asia Larie Thompson, 31 – booked 10/21/20
- Jason Velasquez, 18 – booked 10/22/20
- Myrrin Trelorenz Watson, 41 – booked 10/22/20
- Samuel A. Workeneh, 17 – booked 10/22/20
The 21 people still wanted on warrants were listed as:
- LaKeisha Alexander, 30
- Adelino De Araujo, 27
- Javier Gilberto Bernardo, 19
- Reginald Carter, Jr., 26
- Abraham Croxton, III, 44
- Abraham Jamal Felder, 32
- Draylin LaKeith Holland, 22
- Trakia Nashay Johnson, 23
- Nico Antwain Jones, 32
- Quentin Arnell Lawyer, 40
- Tristan Dominic Monfort, 23
- Andre Denard Noble, 37
- Alphonso Quiroz Plancarte, Age Unk (Foreign National)
- Marquise Eugene Rangel, 39
- Anthony Quantaus Scott, 40
- Desmond Darnell Stafford, 30
- Zachary Matthew Taylor, 29
- JD Christopher Trottman, 34
- Terry Lamar Walker, 33
- Devin Trelorenz Washington, 28
- Ryan Matthew Willis, 21