DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — Anthony Concepcion Allen was beaten so severely his brain was bleeding and swelling. He was left to die - and, eventually, investigators say he did.
Days later, the DeKalb County Sheriff's office said the 23-year-old's alleged killer has turned himself in. Police said 21-year-old Jordan Thornton is charged with aggravated battery and murder for repeatedly punching Allen in the head during the incident on May 8.
Police arrived at the Hemingway Road residence near Stone Mountain where they found the victim - but not the attacker. Investigators secured warrants for Thornton's arrest on May 12. He turned himself in the next day at the DeKalb County Jail.
The report from the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office confirms Thornton's arrest but doesn't provide a possible motive for the alleged attack.
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating disabled man with belt
- Missing Cobb County teen among 3 women killed by traveling carnival worker in Virginia, sheriff says
- E.coli outbreak linked to ground beef: 196 sickened in 10 states
- Helen, Georgia police defend arresting F-bomb dropping man
- Muslim state delegate asked how he plans to 'implement Sharia Law in Virginia' during town hall