ATLANTA -- Police are trying to track down a possible rape suspect who they said attacked his victim one morning last week. Investigators held a news conference Wednesday to give an update.
According to Atlanta Police, one alleged rape happened just before 8 a.m.on Dec. 27 near the 400 block of Ralph D. Abernathy Boulevard.
In a police report, the victim told police she was exercising in the area when a man armed with a gun forced her into a secluded area. The victim said the man then forced her to perform sexual acts. After the incident, the victim ran away from the scene.
A passerby then asked the woman if she was OK and called police.
Authorities say this is not the only victim the man attacked. Police have connected him to at least four women, who all say the suspect forced them at gunpoint. All of the attacks happened in the Mechanicsville area of southwest Atlanta, along Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard between Turner Field and West End. All of the women were young, police say, the youngest, a juvenile.
Investigators are now looking for the man, who is described as a 5'9" to 5'10" with black hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be a regular in the area.
"We just need to get this guy off the street. Because he is armed and dangerous," said Maj. Adam Lee with the Atlanta Police Department.
If anyone has any information, they are asked to call police at 404-546-2652
CRIME NEWS | Mugshot Gallery