DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — DeKalb Police said SWAT was called to Rockknoll Drive Tuesday morning, police said.
Capt. R.C. Hughes said a call came in around 3 a.m. about a domestic dispute between a man and woman, and when officers responded they encountered the man, 30-year-old Tyler Bass, with a handgun.
Police said Bass and the two officers exchanged gunfire before the suspect allegedly barricaded himself in the home, triggering the SWAT response.
SWAT negotiators eventually talked Bass out of the home, and taken into custody. He now faces several charges, including Aggravated Assault Strangulation and two counts of Aggravated Assault on an officer.
He's now being held in the DeKalb County Jail.
RELATED STORIES |
- Neighborhood water gun fight leaves Atlanta police officers soaked
- 7-year-old killed in revenge shooting, detective says
- Shot dead after a hit and run: A witness accused of murder; the victim may have been in diabetic shock
- Gang members sentenced in 'the most horrific death' in recent county history
- The 10-year-old was starved to death and then burned. The trial begins today.
- Sophie's Nightmare: How a Georgia mother allowed her boyfriend to impregnate her 10-year-old