ATLANTA — A local businesswoman bought out an entire Atlanta movie theater screening of "Little" on opening weekend.
Founder of Curl Box Myleik Teele took to Instagram to report that she accepted #ALittleChallenge to pay for a screening of the new Atlanta-produced film, starring Issa Rae, Regina Hall and Marsai Martin.
"So @IssaRae challenged @YvonneOrji to buy out a theater showing of @littlethemovie. Yvonne then challenged @luvvie and Luvvie challenged ME! BET," she wrote.
As promised, she purchased all the tickets to the 7:15 p.m. Sunday showing of the movie at the AMC Theater at Phipps Plaza. Tickets to see the movie will be first-come, first-served - all people have to do is show them the post.
This is not the first time celebrities and business owners have picked up the tab for movie tickets - several stars of box-office smash-hit "Black Panther" also bought out screenings of the Disney superhero movie so families who couldn't afford it could take part in the excitement.
"Little" stars 14-year-old "Blackish" actress Marsai Martin, who with this role also broke the record for youngest executive producer in Hollywood. Based in Atlanta, the film follows the story of a black female executive, played by Regina Hall, who gets transformed into her younger self.
MORE FROM THE A-SCENE
- TV shows and movies currently in production right now in Georgia
- Caleb Mclaughlin bashfully dishes on ‘Stranger Things’ season 3, Star Court Mall
- Fans are geeked after discovering Thor drinking Creature Comforts in Avengers clip
- 'What the hell this water do, cure cancer?': Tyler Perry complains about $9 bottled water
- Freaknik to return after a 20-year absence