Elton John is battling an ear infection but said he still plans to headline two sold-out shows in Georgia's capital city to say his final goodbyes to Atlanta.
John, a part-time Buckhead resident, said he would retire from touring after his “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour – a 3-year, 300-stop tour to end in 2021.
The legendary artist postponed two shows in Orlando and Tampa this week due to an ear infection. The shows, scheduled for Nov. 27 and 28, will be rescheduled “as soon as possible,” according to a statement on Twitter.
According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, his show at the Orlando Amway Center was reportedly canceled 20 minutes before it was supposed to start.
John tweeted that he is on antibiotics and will “take a couple of days to rest to allow the infection to clear up.”
His shows at State Farm Arena on Friday, Nov. 30 and Saturday, Dec. 1 are expected to go on as scheduled. Only a few seats are left. The lowest price tickets available right now, according to Stubhub, are selling for about $230. The most expensive floor seats are over $3,000 each.
Tickets are also available through Vivid Seats.
John’s last performance in Atlanta was at Music Midtown in September 2015.
ELTON JOHN IN ATLANTA
Location: State Farm Arena, 1 State Farm Drive, Atlanta, GA 30303
Date: Friday, Nov. 30
Time: 8 p.m.
Date: Saturday, Dec.1
Time: 8 p.m.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
ADMISSION: All guests entering State Farm must have a valid ticket to gain admission. Re-entry is prohibited. Children under 2 years old do not need a ticket to enter if they sit in a parent or guardian’s lap.
ALCOHOL: No outside beverages allows. There is a two limit drink per transaction with valid ID. Guests who share alcohol with minors will be tossed out and subject to arrest. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the stadium.
ATMS: There are 3 ATMs at State Farm Arena, at Gates 1 and 5 and across from Section 221.
BACKSTAGE PASSES: State Farm Arena does not sell backstage passes. For inquiries, contact the artist’s record label or event promoter.
BAG AND PURSE POLICY: It is recommended that guests leave bags at home. If you bring a bag, it must be limited to a small purse. Bags and backpacks larger than 14x14x6 are prohibited and will need to be checked, for a fee. All bags are subject to search.
BANNERS AND SIGNS: Banners and signs larger than 11 x 17 are prohibited.
CAMERAS AND RECORDING DEVICES: Cameras with interchangeable or detachable lenses are prohibited. Cell phone cameras, iPads and other small tablets are allowed. Mono/tripods and selfie sticks are prohibited.
CELL PHONES: Cell phones are permitted, but the use of camera and video features might be restricted at the artist’s request.
FOOD & BEVERAGE: Outside food is not allowed. Fans are asked to leave food and drinks in their cars or dispose of them at the security checkpoint before entering the stadium. Exceptions include parents who require plastic bottles with formula or milk, and approved medically-necessary snacks.
CODE OF CONDUCT: Violations of code of conduct policy include foul or obscene language, intoxication or signs of impairment, fighting or aggressiveness, along with inappropriate displays of affection. Any disruption to the event is not allowed.
SMOKING: All smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on State Farm Arena property, including tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaporizers.
PARKING: There are many parking options in the arena surrounding State Farm Arena. Please visit our Directions & Parking page for additional information.
The parking decks closest to the arena are as follows:
- Centennial Sapphire Deck, on the corner of Marietta Street and Centennial Olympic Park Drive
- CNN Deck, south of the Centennial Deck on Centennial Olympic Park Drive
- Diamond Deck, accessible via Baker Street
- Ruby Lot, accessible via Baker Street
- Advanced parking is available for purchase through ParkMobile.
LAPTOPS AND TABLETS: Laptops are not permitted inside State Farm Arena unless approval is granted prior to the event. iPads and other similar tablets are permitted.
The following items are not allowed into the arena:
- Weapons (guns, knives, pepper spray, mace, chains, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, etc.)
- Aerosol cans
- Backpacks or bags larger than 14 x 14 x 6.
- Hard-sided bags
- Outside food or beverages
- Whistles, air horns, electric noisemakers or vuvuzelas
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Beach balls, frisbees, bats, clubs, or any projectile
- Laser light pointers
- Optical illusions (items intended to create optical illusions or interfere with the ability of the eye to perceive depth or distance, such as pinwheels or umbrellas)
- Cameras with interchangeable or detachable lenses or fixed lenses larger than 3 inches are prohibited at State Farm Arena (subject to change based on event)
- Poles, selfie-sticks, tripods, monopods and missile-like objects that can be thrown
- Clothing, garments or signs displaying explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization towards any person(s)
- Prohibited items can be checked outside the arena for a fee.
- State Farm Arena Management reserves the right to prohibit other items as deemed necessary.
RE-ENTRY POLICY: Re-entry is not allowed at State Farm Arena.
TICKETS: Tickets to most arena events can be purchased online at the Ticketmaster State Farm Arena Page, charge by phone (800) 745-3000, at all Ticketmaster outlets and at the State Farm Arena Box Office on the day of the event. For additional information, visit the Ticketing Information Page.
UMBRELLA POLICY: All umbrellas must be under 33 inches to be allowed in the building
WI-FI: State Farm Arena offers free WiFi through Comcast. To access, enable the wireless network adapter, select the “Xfinity” WiFi network and switch your browser to access the internet.
WILL CALL: Will Call is located at the State Farm Arena Box Office on Centennial Olympic Park Drive. Will Call will open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled door time. The Will Call window closes at varying times depending on the event. Guests needing to pick up Will Call tickets after the ticket window has closed must go to the Gate 1 and speak to a guest services representative. When picking up tickets from Will Call, guests must have a picture ID matching the name on the tickets.