ATLANTA — Little new information on actor's Jamie Foxx's condition after a "medical complication" has been released this week.
On Thursday, actress Tiffany Haddish told Entertainment Tonight that she heard Foxx is "doing well", stating that she and Foxx had several mutual friends and they were "keeping her updated."
"I've been praying really hard for him," Haddish said. "I love that man a lot. That's my big bro."
What led to Foxx's hospitalization has not been publicly released to this point by family, who have said he "experienced a medical complication", apparently on April 11.
The complication occurred while Foxx was in Atlanta working on his film "Back in Action." It reportedly did not happen on set.
What led to Foxx's hospitalization has not been publicly released to this point by family, who have said he "experienced a medical complication."
Here's the timeline of what we know about Jamie Foxx's medical incident:
Jamie Foxx health status timeline
- December 2022: Filming on "Back in Action," which co-stars Cameron Diaz, begins in London.
- April 2023: It appears around this time, or shortly before, that filming moved to Atlanta.
- April 11: Foxx experiences the medical complication, according to his daughter Corinne Foxx's Instagram post on April 12, which indicates it happened the day before.
- April 14: CNN, citing a "source with knowledge of the situation," reports some details regarding Foxx's situation, including that doctors were running tests and that he had not been transported by an emergency vehicle to the hospital. Corinne Foxx's Instagram post noted that when the incident occurred, there was "quick action and great care" that aided her father.
- April 17: In an update, CNN reports that he remains hospitalized roughly a week after the incident occurred, citing "a source with knowledge of the matter."
- April 20: Friends and colleagues begin to speak about the situation, among them Martin Lawrence who shares that he heard "he's doing better" and Tracy Morgan said "he's a fighter."
- April 21: A source tells People Magazine that Foxx is "awake and alert" while being kept under observation. "He's okay, thank God," the source told the magazine.
- April 23: Nick Cannon tells Entertainment Tonight that Foxx is "doing so much better" and promises that he's going to "do something special for him, and doing him a favor."
- April 24: NBC News' Blayne Alexander reports for The Today Show that his condition is "steadily improving."
- May 1: Hip-hop figure and film producer Charlie Mack posted to Instagram that, "I need you all to constantly keep our beloved brotha @iamjamiefoxx up whom we all love & care for dearly in our hearts, minds & prayers!!!!!"
- May 3: Foxx's official Instagram posts for the first time since the medical incident, "Appreciate all the love!!! Feeling blessed." See more.
There's not yet been a further update from Corrine Foxx or anyone else in the family.
According to People, filming on "Back in Action" in Atlanta has continued with Diaz, using stunt and photo doubles to stand in for Foxx.