ATLANTA — Atlanta is currently in the grips of an intense heat wave, just as Truist Park is about to host a pair of major concerts this week.
Michelle Barnhill is one of the fans who is heading to one of the concerts.
“It’s like being in an oven. You’re knocking on hell’s door," Barnhill said.
Audra McClure made sure she was prepared before braving the heat.
“Well, we’ve got some cold ice water and a fan," McClure said "We’re trying to beat the heat that way, at least we’re hoping.”
11Alive reached out to the Braves to see if anything specific is being done about stadium policy to give concert-goers some relief from the heat - including about umbrellas, water availability and policies about bringing your own water bottles.
Here's what the team said:
Truist Park water bottle and cooling policies for the concerts
- Sealed plastic water bottles and/or empty plastic water bottles are allowed in the ballpark and recommended.
- Water fountains are on.
- Battery operated, handheld fans/misters are allowed in.
- Umbrellas are allowed in as long as they do not impact view of other guests.
- Two hydration stations will be set for complimentary cups of water as guests enter the ballpark (near the 1st and 3rd base gates). Will begin operating at 3 p.m.
- Cooling stations will be located at the first and third base elevator lobbies.
For Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Poison and Joan Jett on Thursday:
- Start time: 4:30 p.m.
- Tickets: Generally available for $90 at the cheapest end.
For Zac Brown Band:
- Start time: 7 p.m. (doors open at 5:30 p.m.)
- Tickets: Available at around $30 at the low end
Parking is officially available at Braves lots for the Zac Brown Band concert on Friday night ranging from $15-35, depending on how close you want to park.
For Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe, it looks like your best bet will just be to use the lots normally available for The Battery shopping and dining.
Event day rates in the Red, Green, Yellow and Purple Decks are $20 for 2-3 hours, $30 for 3-4 hours and $50 for 4-24 hours. There are also special event rates in which the first two hours are free and then it's $20 "until the conclusion of the event." It's not clear what rate The Battery might consider for Thursday's concert.
The Braves have official guidance for the Zach Brown Band concert. It's not clear if it also applies to the concert on Thursday.
That guidance includes:
- If you purchased a Floor (FLR) ticket, you may only enter the 1st Base or 3rd Base Gates to receive your floor access wristband. You must receive your floor access wristband prior to entering the floor.
- If you purchased a Pit Pass (GAPIT) ticket, you may only enter the 1st Base or 3rd Base Premium Gates to receive your pit pass wristband. You must receive your pit pass wristband prior to entering the floor.
- If you have a floor seat and need accessible assistance accessing the field without using stairs, please check in at Guest Services located at Section 111 for assistance.
- If you purchased a non-floor ticket, you may enter any gate.
- Bags are prohibited at Truist Park. Exceptions include medical bags no larger than what is required to transport necessary medical equipment, diaper bags, and single compartment clutches no larger than 5”X9”. All bags will be inspected upon entry.