FORT MYERS, Fla. — The coronavirus claimed the life of a Florida teen this week.
Cypress Lake High School Orchestra said its student 17-year-old Carsyn Davis died from COVID-19 complications Tuesday.
The News-Press said Davis was taken to the Children's Hospital on Friday. Two days later, on her seventeenth birthday, she was admitted into the intensive care unit, according to the News-Press.
The next day she was airlifted to a hospital across the state to be put on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, a machine similar to the heart-lung by-pass machine used in open-heart surgery, for cardiac and respiratory support, according to a GoFundMe set up to help support her family.
- Bubba Wallace responds after FBI says noose found in stall there as early as Oct. 2019
- Heat Advisory in effect for parts of the Tampa Bay area
- 'It’s not over:' MacDill reservist who spent months on COVID-19 front lines in NYC returns home with warning
- Dr. Fauci hopeful for COVID-19 vaccine by late 2020, early 2021
- Pasco County issues mandatory face mask order to combat spread of COVID-19
- Hillsborough County makes masks mandatory inside businesses
- New cases, hospitalizations, deaths: How Florida is doing in its COVID-19 battle
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter