ORLANDO, Fla. — Both SeaWorld and Disney World have approved plans to reopen. The next big step: Getting Gov. Ron DeSantis' approval.
In a meeting Wednesday morning, Orange County Task Force leaders heard proposals from both companies on their plans for reopening their parks.
Orange County Mayor Demings sent two letters of approval Wednesday afternoon to Gov. DeSantis' office for Disney World and SeaWorld to reopen.
SeaWorld's county-approved plans include a proposed reopening date of June 10 for an employee appreciation day and then June 11 for a public reopening.
Disney World hopes to begin a phased reopening of its theme parks on July 11. That day is the proposed date for reopening Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Then, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios would reopen July 15. Both phased reopenings would include cast member preview days before the public returns.
Neither company's plans are set in stone yet, however. County Mayor Jerry Demings will need to send a signed approval letter to DeSantis for a final sign-off on the proposals.
Read more details about the proposals:
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's how Crew Dragon compares to the 8 other spaceships that have carried humans
- Disney World proposes reopening July 11 with mandatory masks for all
- SeaWorld, Busch Gardens propose reopening parks June 10
- Troopers say open roads have led to a need for speed across the Tampa Bay area
- Floridians can get 13 additional weeks of unemployment under federal program
- Will a judge be able to force Florida to speed up unemployment fixes, payments of benefits?
- Weather forecast looks iffy -- but better -- for historic SpaceX, NASA launch
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter