GROESBECK, Texas — Two Groesbeck High School students have been arrested this month after GHS staff found Ecstasy pills in their possession, according to the Groesbeck Police Department.
GPD said staff received an anonymous tip Oct. 24 that led them to search the first student. Suspected narcotics that later tested positive for Ecstasy were found during the search.
The student was charged with possession of a controlled substance listed in Penalty Group 2 in a drug-free zone and placed in juvenile detention.
The second student was arrested Wednesday under similar circumstances and taken to Limestone County Jail.
Police advised the pills were in colorful shapes that could be easily overlooked by parents. The pills seized included shapes like orange and blue Tranformer Autobots, an orange Pac-Man ghost and a purple grenade.
"We are sharing this information so parents and guardians can familiarize themselves with the current crop of recreational drugs being used by our youth," GPD wrote on Facebook.
Police asked anyone who has information on others bringing drugs to campus contact the police department of a school staff member. Tips can also be reported anonymously using the Tip411 program.
POPULAR ON KCENTV.COM:
- Romaine lettuce linked to another E. coli outbreak, but appears to be over
- Woman's 'Carrie' costume freaks out first responders after she crashed her car
- Bomb threat reported at Belton ISD high school campus
- Fire crews take advantage of calmer California weather, but fight far from over
- This toddler dressed as Popeyes' sold out chicken sandwich wins Halloween