DECATUR, Ga. — A fire ripped through a home in DeKalb County near Summergate Park Thursday afternoon.
DeKalb Fire said the fire started at a home along the 3000-block of Columbia Parkway in Decatur.
When firefighters arrived, they encountered flames coming from the first floor of the home, reaching up to the second-story window. A resident sustained injuries when she was forced to jump from a second-story window of the home to escape the flames, according to DeKalb Fire.
A firefighter also experienced minor burns. Both the resident and the firefighter were taken to Grady Hospital for treatment, DeKalb Fire said.
11Alive SkyTracker flew over the scene shortly before 4:30 p.m. At least a dozen firefighters were spotted on scene. Video shows smoke still coming from the roof and back of the home.
DeKalb Fire is still investigating what sparked the flames at the home.
This is a developing story. Check back often for new information.
Also download the 11Alive News app and sign up to receive alerts for the latest on this story and other breaking news in Atlanta and north Georgia.