The Georgia Department of Transportation has released updated information for lane closures and construction schedules that are going on over the weekend.
- The Hot Chocolate EXPO will be taking place at the Georgia World Congress Center on Friday, February 2, 2018 from 12:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. and on Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- The Winter Jam will be taking place at the Philips Arena on Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
To survive summer construction, Georgia DOT offers the following tips:
- Plan ahead. Before you get behind the wheel, call 511 or visit 511ga.org for real-time information on active construction, incidents, road conditions and more.
- Drive Alert and Arrive Alive. Keep the smartphone out of reach until you complete your drive. And wear your seatbelt.
- Seek traffic-reducing commute options like carpool or public transit. Visit 511ga.org or http://GaCommuteOptions.com/.
- Use extra caution in work zones: pay attention, slow down, and watch for workers. Work zone safety is in your hands.