Breaking News
More () »

Fire crews called to Buckhead steakhouse

Fire officials have not confirmed why they were at the restaurant.

BUCKHEAD, Ga. — A popular steakhouse in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood was evacuated Saturday afternoon after a small fire broke out.

Fire crews were called to Fogo de Chão, a Brazilian steakhouse chain that sits on Piedmont Road NE by Buckhead Village. One fire engine and several firefighters were at the restaurant assisting with evacuations. Customers and staff were seen waiting outside.

An official with the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department said embers from a small wooden stove sparked the flames.

As firefighters worked to keep guests safe, others used the fire engine ladder to investigate the smoke stack on the roof of the restaurant. At least two firefighters were seen there.

Attacking the flame from the roof, firefighters were able to put out the fire within 10 minutes, according to a fire official. 

Download the 11Alive News app and sign up to receive alerts for the latest on this story and other breaking news in Atlanta and north Georgia.


Before You Leave, Check This Out