PERRY, Ga. — Former President Donald Trump is making a stop in Central Georgia this weekend, and here's what you need to know..
Timeline for Saturday, Sept. 25
2 p.m. - Doors open and there will be live music following the UGA vs. Vanderbilt football game
5 p.m. - Pre-program remarks start. Guest speakers include: U.S. Senate candidate Herschel Walker, Georgia Secretary of State candidate Jody Hice, and Lt. Governor candidate Burt Jones.
7 p.m. - Mr. Trump will speak
Following Trump's speech, there will be a fireworks show by Southern Sky Fireworks.
Georgia National Fairgrounds at 401 Larry Walker Parkway in Perry
The event is free. You can register for tickets on his website here.
Guests will be screened by the United States Secret Service upon entry. The following items are prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Appliances (i.e. Toasters)
- Backpacks, bags, roller bags, suitcases bags exceeding size restrictions (12”x14”x5”)
- Banners, signs, placards
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Explosives of any kind (including fireworks)
- Glass, thermal and metal containers
- Laser lights and laser pointers
- Mace and/or pepper spray
- Noisemakers, such as air horns, whistles, drums, bullhorns, etc.
- Poles, sticks and selfie sticks
- Spray containers
The intent of the rally is to drum up support for a slew of candidates that have declared they’re entering statewide races.
Perhaps the biggest candidate is Herschel Walker, the UGA legend who previously announced he would be running against Sen. Raphael Warnock in 2022. He recently received an endorsement from the former POTUS.
Trump has also thrown his support behind state senator Burt Jones for the Lieutenant Governor position currently held by Geoff Duncan, who announced he would NOT be seeking re-election in May, and Jody Hice for Secretary of State.