Breaking News
More () »

He was beaten & shot in the head. Officials say his body was found in a trunk at a MARTA station.

The five men charged in connection with his slaying are on trial.

ATLANTA — A little over two years ago, authorities said a 33-year-old man was tortured, murdered and stuffed in a trunk that was left at a MARTA station.

Now, five men charged in connection with his slaying are on trial.

Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said Christopher Dean's gruesome death was tied to a street gang.

Here are details about how the murder unfolded: 

(Editor's note: Details of this murder are graphic and disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised)


Officials said on Oct. 17, 2016, Dean was beaten with a two-by-four and a crow bar. Howard said the victim was also sodomized with an object. After the beating, the victim was shot twice in the back of the head. 

RELATED: Body found in trunk of car at MARTA station, Identified


The indictment alleges that members of the Gangster Disciples brutally tortured Dean after they found out he was once a police informant in California.

Howard said to prove that Dean's actions were unacceptable, the defendants allegedly killed him.

RELATED: Men missing for months found murdered in Gwinnett storage unit


Credit: WXIA
Police are investigating after a body was found in the trunk of a car at MARTA station. (Oct. 2016 Photo)

Howard said the defendants loaded the victim's body into the trunk of a car and drove it to the H.E. Holmes MARTA Station. 

The vehicle was left in the parking lot where it was later found by the police. 

RELATED: Brothers charged after body found in trunk at MARTA station


The district attorney said five defendants are all facing charges in connection with Dean's murder

  • 30-year-old Christopher Lockett
  • 23-year-old Xavier Gibson
  • 21-year-old Quatez Clark
  • 27-year-old Joshua Rooks
  • 27-year-old Jasper Green


It's been over two years since Dean was killed and the defendants are now on trial. It started March 19 with Judge Gail S. Tusan  presiding over the case. Deputy District Attorney Cara Convery is leading the prosecution.


Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out