MACON, Ga. — Terminal Station in downtown Macon will be turning into a movie set for a film shoot this week.
According to a news release from the Macon Transit Authority, scenes with several emergency SWAT vehicles and actors playing snipers on the rooftops will take over the station on Cherry Street Tuesday.
Preparation for the shoot starts before then, so the lobby will be closed starting noon Sunday.
MTA says employees and the public can still get into the building from the side or back entrances, and bus pickup points will be moved to Poplar Street.
The following roads will be closed:
Sunday, September 29 at 7 a.m. through Tuesday, October 1 at 11:59 p.m.
- 5TH STREET - FULL ROAD CLOSING between Poplar Street & Mulberry Street Lane.
- CHERRY STREET - FULL ROAD CLOSING between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and 5th Street.
- CHERRY STREET LANE - FULL ROAD CLOSING between Broadway Lane and 5th Street.
Additionally, the film crew will perform intermittent traffic control with the assistance of local law enforcement at Mulberry Street Lane and 5th Street, as well as at Poplar Street and 5th Street.
Intermittent traffic control allows the film crew to hold traffic for up to two minutes at a time only. This is not a full road closing.
To accommodate bus traffic, the film crew has a permit for the following lane closure:
Saturday, September 28 at 7 a.m. through Thursday, October 2 at 2 p.m.
POPLAR STREET - NORTHSIDE LANE & SIDEWALK CLOSING between 5th Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard
The scene shooting here includes a number of emergency SWAT vehicles and actors.
Additionally, there will be two stunt actors playing snipers on the rooftops of a couple of buildings on Cherry Street. Local law enforcement and dispatchers have been notified. There will be no simulated gunfire.
For MTA riders and tenants, the transit authority gives the following instructions:
-Terminal Station's main lobby will be closed from Sunday, September 29 through Friday, October 4 at 12 p.m.
-A portion of the parking lot on south side of building and a portion of the row of parking spaces along the back of the building will be reserved for production from Sunday, September 29 - Thursday, October 3.
- Sunday, September 29 through Thursday, October 3, employees who park in the south side parking lot will park in the Wells Fargo parking deck at 440 Mulberry Street
-Production will run a complimentary shuttle van to and from the parking deck for the building’s employees.
-Employees and visitors can enter the building at the side and rear entrances.
-The glass door entrance into the second floor on the back of the building may be obstructed for a small portion of the day.
- The MTA and Greyhound buses will be moved from their usual pick-up and drop-off areas on 5th Street to Poplar Street between 5th Street & Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard from Sunday, September 29 to Tuesday, October 1.
No info about the film was given.
STAY UPDATED | Click here to subscribe to our Midday Minute newsletter and receive the latest headlines and information in your inbox every day.
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page.