GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett County officials unveiled their new ballot voting machines at election headquarters on Monday as the March 24 Presidential Preference Primary kicked off.
For the very first time, voters were able to cast their ballots on the state's new voting machines which include touchscreen devices, paper ballots, and tamper-proof ballot boxes.
Gwinnett County Elections director, Kristi Royston says they have made the process as easy as possible to understand.
"Once you enter the door, we have staff that tell you where to line up, where to get your voter access card, and how to use it once you step up the machine," adds Royston.
Gwinnett County is the only mandated county in the state to receive the U.S. Census Bureau designation mandating it offer voter materials and assistance in Spanish. As such, the voting process and instructions will be offered in Spanish at all voting locations in the county.
Early voting is taking place at the county's election office, which is located at 455 Grayson Hwy. in Lawrenceville, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. An additional seven satellite locations will open on March 9:
- Logan Park Community Recreation Center, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford
- Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Old Auburn Avenue, Dacula
- George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
- Lenora Park Gym, 4515 Lenora Church Road, Snellville
- Lucky Shoals Park Recreation Center, 4651 Britt Road, Norcross
- Mountain Park Activity Building, 1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
- Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
Eligible voters can vote advance in person every day, including weekends, at the Voter Registrations and Elections Office. You can see wait times here.
Want more Gwinnett County news? Like us on Facebook.