LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — Eight official ballot drop boxes are now in place across Gwinnett County to provide eligible voters with a new way to return absentee/advance by mail ballots for the June 9 Presidential Preference Primary, General Primary and Nonpartisan Election.
County officials say no postage is necessary on ballots placed in the drop boxes. The drop boxes are monitored by video and available 24/7 at these locations:
- Bogan Park Community Recreation Center, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford
- Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Old Auburn Ave., Dacula
- George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
- Lenora Park Gym, 4515 Lenora Church Road, Snellville
- Lucky Shoals Park Community Recreation Center, 4651 Britt Road, Norcross
- Mountain Park Aquatic Center,1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
- Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
- Voter Registrations and Elections Beauty P. Baldwin Building, 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, Lawrenceville
A completed application must first be received before an absentee/advance ballot is issued. Once County election officials verify the signature on the application, the voter will be sent a ballot.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office mailed absentee ballot applications to all active registered voters this spring. The State Election Board since adopted an emergency rule allowing for the placement of secure ballot drop boxes for use by voters to turn in completed absentee ballots.
Want more Lawrenceville news? Like us on Facebook.