LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — A variety of services will be closed in Gwinnett County on Monday, Jan. 20 in honor of Martin Luther King Day.
- Gwinnett County Offices and Courts
- Gwinnett County Solid Waste Management Call Center
- Gwinnett Public Schools
- Gwinnett Public Libraries
- U.S. Postal Service Post Offices
- Gwinnett County trash and recycling collections are scheduled as normal.
- Emergency services remain available.
- Most movie theaters will be open.
- Publix and Kroger stores will be open.
The parade begins at 11 am and will start at 75 Langley Drive in Lawrenceville, ending at Moore Middle School.
The federal holiday celebrating the civil rights leader is observed on the third Monday of January each year. The first federal MLK Day was observed on the third Monday of January in 1986.
Want more Gwinnett County news? Like us on Facebook.