Breaking News
More () »

Atlanta's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Atlanta, Georgia | 11alive.com

Family chased out of Jonesboro home by fire, officials said

No injuries were reported, officials said.
Credit: Clayton County Police

JONESBORO, Ga. — No injuries were reported after a house fire in Jonesboro Thursday morning, according to Clayton County authorities

Police and fire crews were dispatched to a home in the 700 block of Maple Valley Way after receiving reports of a house fire. 

When firefighters and police officers arrived, they found that the residents had already escaped the two-story home. 

According to Clayton County police, officers learned from the homeowner that the fire started from a fireplace that was left burning overnight.

As the fire grew, the residents only had enough time to escape the home safely, according to a social media post by Clayton County Police.

The homeowner received help from the American Red Cross, police said.

Credit: Clayton County Police