JUST IN: The jury has reached a verdict. Click here for the story
The jury has been sent back to decide Tex McIver's fate.
Monitor live as we await the outcome of this murder trial.
11Alive is your source for ongoing coverage and analysis of the murder trial of high-powered Atlanta attorney Claud "Tex" McIver.
Was the shooting of Diane McIver murder or a tragic mistake?
Here are the possible outcomes of the trial.
McIver is accused of intentionally killing his wife, Diane McIver, on Sept. 25, 2016. Diane McIver died after being shot in the back with a handgun while in the passenger's seat of an SUV. Tex was riding behind her and had a loaded revolver in his lap.According to Tex, the revolver fired on its own and claims that the shooting was "a horrible accident."
Prosecutors said it was intentional.
Here is the full list of charges the jury is considering:
- Count 1- 16-5-1 Murder
- Count 2 - 16-5-1 Felony Murder
- Count 3 - 16-5-21 Aggravated Assault
- Count 4 - 16-11-106 Possession of Firearm during Commission of Felony
- Count 5 - 16-10-93 Influencing Witnesses
In addition to murder charges, Tex was facing charges of witness tampering, but the judge later threw them out.
- Tex McIver murder trial | Defendant's fate now in hands of jury
- 'He wasn't distraught, he wasn't emotional. Nothing.' Nurses testify on Diane McIver's final moments
- Juror bias on view in Tex McIver murder trial jury selection