Authorities announced the arrest of 23 alleged Ghostface Gangster members and associates on Tuesday on numerous charges ranging from wire fraud to murder.
A federal grand jury returned a 21-count indictment on Feb. 8, and it was recently unsealed.
* On July 5, 2016, defendant Victor Manuel Dejesus allegedly violently carjacked a citizen using a firearm and threatened to kill her. He took the car, then picked up defendant Christopher Marlow, and together they fled from a Cobb County Deputy Sheriff. Dejesus shot at the deputy from inside the car and later threw the gun out the window. The gun was later turned over to police after a citizen found it lying on the side of the road.
* On December 2, 2016, defendant Cody Ryan Todd, upon receiving an order from defendant David Gene Powell, allegedly joined other GFG members to kidnap one of their own members for violating gang rules. Todd and the other members of the GFG beat the victim badly, including trying to pull out his teeth with pliers. They videotaped the incident, which showed the victim lying down and pleading for help because he could not breathe.
* In December of 2016, defendants Christopher Jarman Davis and Jonathan Stubbs, under the orders of defendant Jeffrey Alan Bourassa, allegedly kidnapped another GFG member, held him at gunpoint and cut off his tattoo with a knife.
* On March 8, 2017, defendant William J. Goodman allegedly stabbed another GFG member in the neck and back for violating gang rules, causing severe blood loss, serious bodily injury, and a collapsed lung.
* On October 29, 2016, defendant Richard B. Sosebee shot a man in the eye during a drug deal, causing him to lose his eye.
* On December 11, 2017, defendant Kevin Scott Sosebee was a passenger in a car pulled over in a traffic stop. The Cobb County Police officer who pulled the car over was alone. Before the officer could exit his car, Sosebee allegedly shot at him several times and then fled from the officer.
PHOTOS: Ghostface Gangsters arrested
Information in this story was provided by the e U.S. Attorney’s Public Affairs Office.
The RICO conspiracy charge names the following defendants:
· Jeffrey Alan Bourassa, a/k/a “J.B.,” “Babyface,” and “Kid,” 35, of Cobb County, Georgia, is a founding pillar of GFG. Bourassa is also charged with aiding and abetting another person by kidnapping and maiming a fellow GFG member;
· Kevin Scott Sosebee, a/k/a “Sosa,” 27, of Cobb County, Georgia, is also charged with the attempted murder of a Cobb County Police Officer;
· David Gene Powell, a/k/a “Davo,” of Cobb County, Georgia, 40, is a founding pillar of GFG. He is also charged with aiding and abetting another person by kidnapping and assaulting a fellow GFG member;
· Victor Manuel Dejesus, a/k/a “VG Vic,” 36, of Gwinnett County, Georgia. Dejesus is also charged with carjacking, attempted murder of a Cobb County deputy sheriff, and using a firearm during a crime of violence;
· Richard Brian Sosebee, a/k/a “Dirty,” 42, of Hall County, Georgia, is also charged with attempted murder and other firearms charges;
· Jonathan Stubbs, 29, of Hamilton County, Tennessee, is also charged with aiding and abetting one other by kidnapping and maiming a fellow GFG member;
· Cody Ryan Todd, 28, of Carroll County, Georgia. He is also charged with aiding and abetting another person by kidnapping and assaulting a fellow GFG member;
· Toby James Ogletree, 42, of Spalding County, Georgia;
· Cheri Lea Rau, 59, of Cobb County, Georgia.
The following defendants are also named in the drug conspiracy:
· Joseph M. Propps, a/k/a “JP,” 39, of Cobb County, Georgia;
· Marc Avon Lefevre, Jr, a/k/a “Ghost,” 32, of Cobb County, Georgia;
· Christopher Lasher, a/k/a/ “Retta,” 35, of Marietta, Georgia;
· Genevieve Waits, 35, of Cleveland, Ohio;
· Christopher Steven Jones, a/k/a “Red,” 34, of Cherokee County, Georgia;
· Samantha Miller, 26, of Cobb County, Georgia;
· Hailey Danielle Sizemore, 27, of Douglas County, Georgia;
· Kayli Brewer, 26, of Cobb County, Georgia;
· Brittany Nicole Jones, 30, of Rockdale County, Georgia;
· David Gene Powell, a/k/a “Davo;”
· Jeffrey Alan Bourassa, a/k/a “J.B.,” “Babyface;”
· Cheri Lea Rau; and
· Toby James Ogletree.
Additional defendants and their charges are as follows:
· Christopher Marlow a/k/a “Loko,” 28, of Cobb County, Georgia, is charged with attempted murder of the Cobb County deputy sheriff and firearm charge.
· Christopher Jarman Davis, 27, of Walker County, Georgia, along with Jonathan Stubbs and Jeffrey Bourassa, is charged with aiding and abetting one other by kidnapping and maiming a fellow GFG member.
· William J. Goodman, aka “JBeenlivin’good” and “JGood,” 24, of Paulding County, Georgia, is charged with attempted murder of a fellow GFG member.
· Kelly Ray Shiflett, 30, of Floyd County, Georgia, is charged with being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm; and
· Randall Arthur Lee Chumley, 36, of Pickens County, Georgia, is charged with being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, and other drug and firearm charges.