The previous story is below.
TAMPA, Fla. -- A bus driver was stabbed to death on a city bus Saturday.
Tampa police said the stabbing happened near Nebraska Avenue and Locust Street. Police said the suspect got off the bus and ran toward Interstate 275.
Officers said they were able to find the suspect and arrest him.
Regular bus riders, including Emma Miller, were shocked to hear what happened so close to their stop.
"I live right here, so it makes me sick to think that we could’ve been on that bus," Miller said.
Passengers who were on the bus are now helping police piece together what happened.
Investigators said they also believe surveillance video from the bus will help them.
HART CEO Ben Limmer sent out his condolences:
"We are devastated by the tragic events that took place today involving our HART bus operator. We are working with the Tampa Police Department as they conduct their investigation into this horrific matter. We offer our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of the bus operator, as well as to all of our HART colleagues."
What other people are reading right now:
- Teen girl was driven around the state, sold for sex for six months, say officials
- Video: Tornado touches down, wreaks havoc in Kansas
- Man who impregnated 10-year-old says he doesn't deserve the 160 year sentence
- A mom and her toddler were shot to death as she tried to shield him; now family is desperate to know who did it
- Gov. Ron DeSantis has tense exchange with school board member during first lady's visit